Monday 29 June 2009

Tell me why...

Disappointment - no change in my weight since before I went away (Thurs am). I was really peeved cos I felt as if I had been trying really hard, especially with all the challenges of being away from home for all that time.

Then I had a complete, and disproportionate, meltdown at home, tears and all. Interestingly though I felt the diet was in part responsible, especially as I have since read a lot of the other postings on the 30 lbs in 30 days on Dax's network it did not occur to me that there was anything I was craving that would have fixed it. So I had a big hug from my 11 year old and headed off to another (fortunately only 1/2 day) conference.

With my gym kit and my snacks in my bag - a few nuts (I have decided to weigh them so I know roughly how many calories I'm getting from them), some steamed broccoli and some chicken from last night. I always feel weird getting my snacks out in that kind of situation. That said I am now beginning to find it really odd that every where you go people give you choocolate and biscuits when there is a refreshment break.

Straight from conference to Dax for another tough workout. It is so hot here today that it is really hard to put enough effort in. I partiularly found this for workout 3 this evening, reps right down. Had a fabulous meal this evening - duck breast and pak choy stir fried with a little coriander and lime. Wouldn't have thought I was on this programme at all.

And, here are the results for the week:

Weight in Lbs, measurements in inches ![week's loss in square brackets]
weight 176.5 [-2.5]
chest 36.25 [-1.25]
waist 34 [-1]
hips 41 [-1]
L thigh 25[-0.5]
R thigh 25.25 [-0.75]
L calf 15.875 [-0.125]
R calf 15.875 [-0.125]
L arm 12.5 [-1.5]
R arm 12 [-2]
TOTAL inch loss [-8.25]

I know I should be really please with the inch loss but some how 30 lbs in 30 days is not going to happen at 2 1/2 lbs a week.

After a week of daily measurements we are onto Mondays and Thursdays only now. Not sure how I feel about that. But I'm going to put my tape measure away. I fear the scales may temp me though.

Off to bath and bed.

You can find Dax at http://www.mylondonpersonaltrainer.com/

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great Natasha! Some of us are snails when it come to losing... I can't think of any program in the recent past where I could have lost 3 pounds in a week. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ditto - lol the scales are addictive arent they x

    ReplyDelete