Saturday 18 July 2009

Saturday - still on the bench

Not much to say for myself. The back is a little better but not much. I have managed some pilates and now I'm off to try the foam roller. My self diagnosis is that I have tight muscles in my back and hamstrings which are pulling me out of alignement and that's was causing the pain, so while I wait to see the bone cracker osteo I'm doing everything I can to loosen up. If tomorow my back improves again I might try the first few moves of the Power Circuit. Probably only the 20 reps we started with at the beginning, not the 84 I had got up to.

I have been concerned since I hurt my back that I would find it hard to get back into the exercise when it is sorted - particularly as we go on holiday on Thursday. I have had great results on this programme and my target is another two incles off waist and hips. If magically I could stop the weight loss off my chest that would be good :-). So I shall be taking some advice from Dax about how to go on from here. I am determined to reach this goal, and to find the way to live (eat and exercise) which means I am never back up where I have been. I feel so in tune with that goal that I know I will get back to the exercises as soon as I am passed fit.

1 comment:

  1. so sorry to hear about your back!! I know that feeling! I was hit by a car twice. Once when I was in grade 7 and another time when I was 21. Broke left collar bone first time and the right collar bone the second time. Go figure!! If I am not careful those injuries come back to haunt me!And it can be disabling. Lots of stretching and massage helps! Take Care.

    ReplyDelete